Mississauga man facing assault charges: OPP
A Mississauga man is facing assault charges in connection with an incident that occurred at a residence in the Saugeen First Nation.
Police say that around 2:00 am on Feb. 16, 2021, Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to an alleged assault with a weapon that had just occurred at a home on Mason Drive.
Police allege that an argument involving several parties escalated and became physical, adding that one person sustained serious but non-life-threatening injuries. After the fight ended, two suspects left the residence and officers located both of them and arrested them without further incident.
Police say they have charged 21-year-old Mississauga man Karl Osborne-Smith with assault with a weapon, assault and uttering threats.
The accused was held for a bail hearing in Walkerton on Feb. 16.
Police also charged 24-year-old Hamilton woman Shawna Petonoquot with aggravated assault, possession of a weapon and two counts of failing to comply with a release order.
The accused was held for a bail hearing in Walkerton on Feb. 17.
- Peel Police Officer Charged Following Multiple Alleged Assault Incidents
- Mississauga man and Brampton man facing firearm charges following assault in Brampton
- Police Responding to an Assault Involving a Weapon in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Facing Weapons Charges
- Hamilton man accused of making threats and sexual assault; police believe there are more victims
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Linen Chest coming to Square One in Mississauga