Mississauga man facing assault charges: OPP
A Mississauga man is facing assault charges in connection with an incident that occurred at a residence in the Saugeen First Nation.
Police say that around 2:00 am on Feb. 16, 2021, Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to an alleged assault with a weapon that had just occurred at a home on Mason Drive.
Police allege that an argument involving several parties escalated and became physical, adding that one person sustained serious but non-life-threatening injuries. After the fight ended, two suspects left the residence and officers located both of them and arrested them without further incident.
Police say they have charged 21-year-old Mississauga man Karl Osborne-Smith with assault with a weapon, assault and uttering threats.
The accused was held for a bail hearing in Walkerton on Feb. 16.
Police also charged 24-year-old Hamilton woman Shawna Petonoquot with aggravated assault, possession of a weapon and two counts of failing to comply with a release order.
The accused was held for a bail hearing in Walkerton on Feb. 17.
- Peel Police Officer Charged Following Multiple Alleged Assault Incidents
- Mississauga man and Brampton man facing firearm charges following assault in Brampton
- Police Responding to an Assault Involving a Weapon in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Facing Weapons Charges
- Mississauga man facing sexual assault charge
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Mississauga residents 80 and older can now book their vaccines
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”