Mississauga man facing 7 drugs and firearms charges
Published March 25, 2022 at 8:26 pm
A Mississauga man is facing a string of charges in relation to police locating a loaded handgun and a quantity of fentanyl in the city.
On Thursday (March 24), officers from , anPeel Regional Police’s specialized enforcement bureau, with the assistance of the PRP tactical unit, executed a search warrant at a Mississauga residence. They also executed another search warrant in nearby Etobicoke. Officers located and seized a .45-calibre Glock handgun, loaded with 13 rounds, and also seized ammunition along with the fentanyl.
Shane Salmon, age 32, of Mississauga, has been charged with the following alleged offences.
- Careless storage of a firearm
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purposes of trafficking
- Possession of a loaded prohibited firearm
- Possession of a prohibited device knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a prohibited ammunition knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of proceeds of crime
Salmon has had a bail hearing in a Brampton court.
Anyone with information that might support this investigation is asked to call investigators at the specialized enforcement bureau at 905-453–2121, ext. 3515.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
(Cover photo via Peel Regional Police.)insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising