Mississauga man is facing 6 charges, after police search turns up loaded gun
Published September 24, 2021 at 6:19 pm
A Mississauga man made a court appearance on Friday, after Peel police found a loaded gun during a search the previous day.
Peel Regional Police say investigators from its specialized enforcement bureau, with assistance from a tactical unit, carried out a search warrant on Thursday (Sept. 23) a search warrant in the area of Haig Boulevard and Lakeshore Road in Mississauga. The search resulted in the discovery of a loaded SGS Model 1911, .22-calibre firearm.
Raven Fraser, 21, of Miississauga, has been charged with the following offences:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- Possession of a loaded prohibited, or restricted firearm
- Possession of a firearm with altered serial number
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking
Fraser appeared in a Brampton court on Friday (Sept. 24).
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact investigators at 905-453-2121 ext. 3515.
Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) September 24, 2021
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies