Mississauga Man Faces Huge List of Charges
A Mississauga man is facing a lot of charges after the OPP followed him in a stolen truck for over 25 clicks across Perth County, according to a recent CTV News article.
CTV reports that on Monday (Sept. 19), a Wellington County OPP officer spotted the vehicle, which had been reported stolen, driving through Palmerston. Police followed the truck for some time and attempted to pull it over on several occasions. When they tried to use a tire deflation device to stop the truck, it avoided the obstacle and collided with a cruiser in the process (only minor damage was reported).
According to CTV, another device was used successfully and the driver, a 23-year-old Mississauga man, was apprehended. The man is now facing a host of charges, including possession of property obtained by crime, flight from police, dangerous driving and driving while disqualified.
He will appear in court on Sept. 27.
- CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Peel Police Find Missing Mississauga Woman
- Police Seeking Public's Help in Locating Missing Woman Last Seen in Mississauga
- Top 5 Filipino Restaurants in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Woman Arrested After Officer Struck with Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga
- Here's How Many Charges OPP Laid Against Truck Drivers in One Week
- Here's How Many Charges OPP Laid Against Truck Drivers in 24 Hours
- Mississauga Woman Arrested in Connection with Creative Truck Theft
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving After Crashing into Police Cruiser and Pole