Mississauga Man Enjoying Big Lottery Win
A very lucky Mississauga resident is enjoying a great springtime windfall.
OLG recently congratulated Luis Monteiro for winning $100,000 in the March 31, 2018 Lotto 6/49 Super Draw.
The Super Draw offered 25 Guaranteed Prize Draws of $100,000 in addition to the main jackpot and the Guaranteed $1 Million Prize Draw.
"I enjoy playing LOTTO 6/49," Monteiro told OLG at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
"I went to my store to check my ticket and purchase a ticket for the next draw. When the clerk validated the ticket, the lottery machine started making noise and then it froze. When I found out how much I won, I yelled out '$100,000!' I was very happy!"
OLG says Monteiro shared the news with his wife of 26 years and two of his three daughters when he returned home.
"They were very confused when I showed them the confirmation slip with the win amount. They didn't believe my big win at first!"
Monteiro told OLG he is going to take some time to think about his plans for his windfall.
"For now, we're going to celebrate with a nice family dinner."
Since its launch in June 1982, Ontario Lotto 6/49 players have won over $12.2 billion, including 1,354 jackpot wins and 230 Guaranteed $1 Million Prize draws.
The winning ticket was purchased at Roseborough Convenience on Eglinton Avenue in Mississauga.
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Ontario rejects efforts on paid sick leave, says expanding police power was mistake