Mississauga man drowns in Prince Edward County
A Mississauga man has drowned at a provincial park in Prince Edward County, police say.
The Prince Edward County OPP say that emergency crews were called to the North Beach Provincial Park on County Road 27 for two suspected drowning incidents on Sunday, July 26, 2020.
Police say that just before 6:00 p.m., emergency crews were called to the area after one person failed to surface while swimming with friends.
Police say 25-year-old Mississauga man, Muhammad Azmat, was pulled from the water and received CPR from bystanders before being transported to a local hospital.
He was later pronounced deceased.
Earlier that day, 64-year-old Oshawa man Alex Aloysius was pulled from the water in the same area and also pronounced deceased after receiving CPR from first responders.
Police say the Office for the Chief Coroner of Ontario is leading both investigations, with assistance from police.
Post mortem examinations have been scheduled for both men.
Police say the deaths are not considered suspicious.
“The OPP would like to remind everyone to be aware of current conditions before entering any body of water especially being aware of their location and any hazards present,” police said in a statement, adding that Eastern Ontario has seen a tragic number of drowning incidents in 2020.
Police are advising swimmers to use life jackets or other floatation devices.
- Police Find and Identify Body of Mississauga Man Following Suspected Drowning Incident
- Police and emergency crews attempting a water rescue in Mississauga
- Male Pronounced Dead After Drowning in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Dead Body Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win