Mississauga Man Dies Following Horrific Head-On Collision
A 30-year-old Mississauga man is dead following a head-on collision in Bruce Peninsula.
The Bruce Peninsula OPP report that the two-vehicle, head-on crash occurred on Aug. 26 on Highway 6 between Lindsay Road 30 and Miller Lake Road.
According to police, the passenger vehicle being driven by the Mississauga man was traveling southbound on Highway 6 in an erratic fashion when it collided head-on with a northbound SUV. The SUV burst into flames upon impact.
The Mississauga man (who has not yet been identified) was transported to hospital and pronounced dead. The driver and passenger in the SUV were pronounced dead at the scene.
All four passengers in the passenger vehicle were transported to area hospitals. An adult female and male passenger sustained serious injuries, another adult female sustained non-life threatening injuries, and a 39-year old male was airlifted to a London hospital in critical condition. Police say they are all from the Mississauga and Brampton areas.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing. Names of the deceased and injured will be forthcoming pending notification of next-of-kin.
The Bruce Peninsula OPP is asking anyone with information to call 1-888-310-1122.
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Mississauga Politician Rescinds Award for Community Leader Who Expressed Discriminatory Views
- New Openings: Old School Bar & Grill
- UPDATE: Here's What's Happening with the Hurontario LRT Project in Mississauga
- What Are Ontario’s Most Affordable Cities?