Mississauga Man Dead in Motorcycle Collision
Halton Police are investigating a fatal vehicle crash that happened this morning.
In the early morning of Monday, May 20, police say a 23 year old Mississauga man was operating a motorcyle on Lower Base Line, west of Sixth Line in the town of Milton.
The male lost control and was later located by a friend, who contacted emergency services. EMS arrived and pronouced him dead at the scene.
"Due to the nature of the investigation, the Halton Regional Police Service Collision Reconstruction Unit responded and took carriage of the investigation," police say.
According to police, he was driving a Honda CBR600RR sport motorcycle when he failed to negotiate a curve in the road.
Fifth Line to Britannia was temporarily closed in both directions as a result of this incident.
The investigation is ongoing. Witnesses and anyone with information are asked to call Halton Police at 905-825-4747, ext. 5065.
- Police Report Major Road Closure in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Check Out These High Rise Towers Proposed For This Busy Mississauga Intersection
- Mississauga Teen Arrested After Two Men Stabbed, Seriously Injured
- Highway Crash Blocking Lanes in Mississauga
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- UPDATED: Multiple Vehicle Crash and Police Investigation in Major Area of Mississauga
- Halton Police Arrest Mississauga Man For Human Trafficking
- Police on Scene for Shooting Investigation in Mississauga
- Police On Scene Due to Damaged Gas Line in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Two Dead After Early Morning Crash in Mississauga