Mississauga Man Dead After Vehicle Crashes into Lake Ontario
Halton Police have identified the victim in a recent vehicle incident.
Early Monday morning (November 5), a vehicle crashed through the barriers at the dead end of Maple Grove Drive in Oakville, crashing into Lake Ontario.
The vehicle was removed from the lake and the driver was taken into custody.
Later, search teams recovered the body of a deceased male from the shore of Lake Ontario.
The victim is believed to be a 27 year old Mississauga man. Police say his identity will not be disclosed at his family’s request.
The driver is identified as Aaron Dobbs, a 22 year old man from Welland. He is charged with impaired driving causing death and refusing to provide a breath sample.
Dobbs will appear in court for a bail hearing on November 6.
- Ontarians are being warned not to participate in the TikTok penny challenge
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Teachers' strike to affect Peel and Hamilton-Wentworth school boards
- Various milk products recalled due to sanitizer contamination
- Ontario confirms second case of Wuhan coronavirus
- Identity of Mississauga Man Killed in Lake Ontario Crash Revealed
- Police Identify Dead Body Found in Lake in Mississauga
- Two Possible Fatalities After Vehicle Found in Lake Ontario
- UPDATED: Victim Identified in Early Morning Mississauga Shooting, Suspect Wanted
- Peel Police Rescue Two Men From Lake Ontario in Mississauga