Mississauga man charged with numerous firearm and drug related offences
Published January 9, 2021 at 1:27 pm
The Specialized Enforcement Bureau of the Peel Regional Police have charged a man in his thirties with numerous firearm and drug related offences.
On Friday, January 8, 2021, members of the Specialized Enforcement Bureau with the assistance of the Tactical Rescue Unit executed a criminal code search warrant at a residence in the area of Burnhamthorpe Road and Confederation Parkway in the City of Mississauga.
As a result of the search, officers located and seized the following:
- Loaded Glock 9mm handgun
- 2 over capacity magazines
- 50 rounds of 9mm ammunition
- Quantity of Cocaine
- Quantity of Oxycodone
- Quantity of Canadian Currency
Investigators have charged a man in his thirties with the following offences:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited Firearm
- Possession of a Prohibited Device (X3)
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (X2)
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime
- Breach of Prohibition Order (X2)
He was held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice on Saturday, January 9, 2021, in the City of Brampton.