Mississauga Man Charged With Manslaughter
Investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau have arrested a male responsible for Peel Region's 13th homicide of 2017.
On Saturday October 7, 2017, at 2:47 a.m., Peel Regional Police responded to a medical assist call in the area of Queen Street South and Tannery Street in the City of Mississauga.
Officers arrived on scene and located a male suffering from blunt force trauma injuries due to a physical altercation. The victim was transported to a local hospital.
On Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017, Alan Connor Drew, a 23 year-old male from the City of Mississauga, succumbed to his injuries.
On Wednesday, Oct. 11, the suspect was arrested in the City of Mississauga without incident by homicide investigators.
Cameron Bakker, a 21 year-old from the City of Mississauga, has been charged with Manslaughter and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice, Brampton, later today.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Mississauga Set to Make Joint Bid for Amazon's Second North American Headquarters
- MUJI Introducing Unique New Winter Clothing Collection at Square One in Mississauga
- Very, Very Cheap Pizza Being Offered in Mississauga Today
- Top 5 Restaurants in Industrial Areas in Mississauga
- Stunning and Authentic Vietnamese Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
- Police Seek Public Assistance in Investigation After Mississauga Man's Death
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- Police Seeking Public's Assistance in Murder Investigation
- 82-Year-Old Man Facing Manslaughter Charges After Nursing Home Assault in Mississauga
- Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen