Mississauga man charged with impaired driving, possession of loaded firearm
Published August 2, 2022 at 2:18 pm
A Mississauga man is facing numerous charges following a police investigation on Monday afternoon (August 1st).
At 4:34 p.m., officers were called for a possible impaired driver at a plaza in the area of Dixie and Rathburn Road.
“During the investigation, police located a Glock 9mm firearm with ammunition, a quantity of Canadian currency, as well as a quantity of narcotics within the vehicle,” said police.
The driver, 26 year old Mississauga man Viren Sarin, is charged with:
- Operation while impaired
- Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking
He was held for a bail hearing and appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton today, August 2nd.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handoutinsauga's Editorial Standards and Policies