Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving After Crashing into Police Cruiser and Pole
A Mississauga man is facing a host of driving-related criminal offences after fleeing from police in Mississauga and crashing his car into a light standard in Brampton.
On February 2 at approximately 1:00 a.m., the accused, who has been identified as 36-year-old Angelo Pecson, was driving a grey pickup truck in the Courtney Park and 410 area in Mississauga. Residents who spotted him contacted police, believing he was impaired.
When police located and attempted to stop the vehicle, the suspect accelerated and struck a marked police cruiser before fleeing westbound on Derry Road.
At approximately 1:20 a.m., Pecson was traveling in the area of Steeles and Mavis Road when he struck a light pole in the intersection. After the crash, he fled the scene on foot. He was tracked down by officers and a K9 unit and taken into custody.
Pecson has been charged with impaired operation by drug, fail to remain at accident, dangerous operation of vehicle and flight from police.
The officer driving the police vehicle that was struck was not injured.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact Road Safety Services at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3701. Information can also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting their website at www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "Peel" and then your tip.
Photo courtesy of CP24 Twitter account
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Some residents and councillor furious about bridge demolition in Mississauga
- Man dies after police taser him in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Charged With Impaired Driving
- Man Seriously Injured After Striking a Police Cruiser and Pole
- Police Officer Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Police Cruiser in Mississauga
- Impaired Driver Hits Pole and Police Cruiser in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Following Multiple Thefts, Crashing into Police Cruiser in Mississauga