Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving After Crashing into Police Cruiser and Pole
A Mississauga man is facing a host of driving-related criminal offences after fleeing from police in Mississauga and crashing his car into a light standard in Brampton.
On February 2 at approximately 1:00 a.m., the accused, who has been identified as 36-year-old Angelo Pecson, was driving a grey pickup truck in the Courtney Park and 410 area in Mississauga. Residents who spotted him contacted police, believing he was impaired.
When police located and attempted to stop the vehicle, the suspect accelerated and struck a marked police cruiser before fleeing westbound on Derry Road.
At approximately 1:20 a.m., Pecson was traveling in the area of Steeles and Mavis Road when he struck a light pole in the intersection. After the crash, he fled the scene on foot. He was tracked down by officers and a K9 unit and taken into custody.
Pecson has been charged with impaired operation by drug, fail to remain at accident, dangerous operation of vehicle and flight from police.
The officer driving the police vehicle that was struck was not injured.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact Road Safety Services at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3701. Information can also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting their website at www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "Peel" and then your tip.
Photo courtesy of CP24 Twitter account
- Peel Police Officer Charged With Impaired Driving
- Man Seriously Injured After Striking a Police Cruiser and Pole
- Mississauga man charged after allegedly fleeing from police and driving on the wrong side of the highway
- Police Officer Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Police Cruiser in Mississauga
- Impaired Driver Hits Pole and Police Cruiser in Mississauga
- Arrest made after vehicle travelled wrong way on Hwy 403 Mississauga
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Mississauga father celebrating big lotto win
- Some regions moving into Stage 3 as Ontario continues its path to economic recovery
- Popular Toronto beauty clinic opens first Mississauga location