Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Toronto Shooting
A 22-year-old Mississauga man is facing 18 charges - including attempted murder - in connection with a shooting in Scarborough which injured two men.
Toronto police were dispatched to a call at 880 Ellesmere Rd. on May 5 at 12:40 p.m.
That’s a plaza near Kennedy Rd.
Officers found two men with apparent gunshot wounds.
The victims were transported to hospital where they were treated.
Bilal Haq was arrested on May 8.
He’s charged with:
1) two counts of attempt murder
2) Discharge firearm with intent to endanger life
3) Careless use of a firearm
4) Careless storage of a firearm
5) Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
6) Carrying a concealed weapon
7) Unauthorized possession of a firearm
8) Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
9) Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
10) Possession of a loaded prohibited firearm
11) Possession of a firearm obtained by crime
12) Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with
13) Possession of a firearm contrary to prohibition order
14) Fail to comply with recognizance
15) Possession for the purpose of trafficking
16) Possession of a controlled substance
17) Possession of proceeds of crime
He’s scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Tuesday. Anyone with information is asked to phone 416-808-4100 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-8477.
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend
- Ontario Government Cancels Free Tuition for Low-Income Students
- Man and Woman Wanted After Five People Struck by Vehicle Outside Bar in Mississauga
- This Mississauga Resident is Kicking Off the Weekend With a Huge Lotto Win
- This Massive Kids Store is Closing its Doors
- Mississauga Man Charged After Police Seize Loaded Handguns
- Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga
- Three Charged With Firearm-Related Offences in Mississauga
- 2 Charged After Mississauga Traffic Stop Leads to Gun, Drugs
- Man Arrested in Connection With Assault, Human Trafficking and Firearm-Related Offences