Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Toronto Shooting
A 22-year-old Mississauga man is facing 18 charges - including attempted murder - in connection with a shooting in Scarborough which injured two men.
Toronto police were dispatched to a call at 880 Ellesmere Rd. on May 5 at 12:40 p.m.
That’s a plaza near Kennedy Rd.
Officers found two men with apparent gunshot wounds.
The victims were transported to hospital where they were treated.
Bilal Haq was arrested on May 8.
He’s charged with:
1) two counts of attempt murder
2) Discharge firearm with intent to endanger life
3) Careless use of a firearm
4) Careless storage of a firearm
5) Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
6) Carrying a concealed weapon
7) Unauthorized possession of a firearm
8) Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
9) Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
10) Possession of a loaded prohibited firearm
11) Possession of a firearm obtained by crime
12) Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with
13) Possession of a firearm contrary to prohibition order
14) Fail to comply with recognizance
15) Possession for the purpose of trafficking
16) Possession of a controlled substance
17) Possession of proceeds of crime
He’s scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Tuesday. Anyone with information is asked to phone 416-808-4100 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-8477.
- Police arrest Mississauga man in connection to unlawful possession of a gun
- Arrest made and firearm seized in attempted murder investigation
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving and Firearm Possession
- Mississauga man arrested in connection to unlawful possession of a gun
- Mississauga Man Charged After Police Seize Loaded Handguns
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU