Mississauga Man Charged in Violent Robberies
A 20-year-old Mississauga man is facing more than a dozen charges in connection with four armed robberies and Toronto police are searching for his alleged accomplice.
The suspect was arrested on June 16 after a one-month spree which began on May 14.
That’s when two men wearing masks entered a smoke shop in the Bloor St. W. and Prince Edward Dr. area
The first suspect pointed a knife at the victims and forced them away from the counter.
Police allege the second suspect was given the knife “and kept control of the victims while the first man stole cash and property.”
The second robbery was in Mississauga on May 24 at the Love Shop near Dundas St. E. and Dixie Rd.
A suspect entered the store wearing an “alien-style mask and displayed a butcher knife while confronting the victim and demanding cash.”
The man made off with cash and other property.
A third incident took place on June 7 where police allege the same suspect entered a kitchen store in the Martin Grove Rd. and Burnhamthorpe Rd. area.
The suspect “approached a customer, displayed a butcher’s-style knife, and obtained money from her,” say police, and after taking cash, the suspect “held onto the customer’s wrist, pointed the butcher’s knife towards the store owner, and demanded money.”
A second suspect was allegedly standing guard at the door and stopped a customer from entering during the robbery.
The fourth robbery happened on June 16 at 9:40 a.m.
That’s when a man, armed with a knife, entered a convenience store in the Bloor Street W. and Mill Rd. area
The suspect “covered the bottom half of his face with a T-shirt and made a demand for money,” say police.
He went behind the counter and took cigarettes, putting the smokes in a plastic bag he’d brought, then fled.
Hatim Abdullahi is charged with four counts of robbery use offensive weapon, four counts of disguise with intent, four counts of possession weapon, and possession of property obtained by crime.
The second suspect is described as black, ages 18 to 20, standing between 5-foot-7 and 5-foot-10.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 416-808-7350 or CrimeStoppers at 416-222-8477.
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to Mississauga this Friday
- Here’s when a highly-anticipated breakfast and brunch restaurant will open in Mississauga
- Unique grocery store closes down in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect after robbery with knife in Mississauga
- Police dog tracks down armed robbery suspect in Mississauga
- Suspect flees after robbery with knife in Mississauga
- Suspect in Custody for Robbery with Knife in Mississauga
- Police Looking For Potentially Armed Suspect Following Robbery in Mississauga