Mississauga Man Charged in Relation to Gunpoint Robbery in Oakville
Halton Regional Police officers have charged a Mississauga man in relation to a robbery of a taxi driver.
On Monday (July 15) officers responded to a reported robbery of an out town taxi driver. The driver got into a dispute with a passenger in the area of Winston Churchill Boulevard and South Sheridan Way in Oakville.
The passenger allegedly pointed a firearm at the driver before fleeing on foot. As he fled he discarded his bag containing a replica firearm.
Enrique Thonson, 22, of Mississauga was later located in the area and arrested.
He was charged with robbery of a firearm and pointing a firearm.
His bail hearing was held on Tuesday (July 16).
The taxi driver didn’t receive any injuries during the incident.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to contact the Oakville Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905 825-4747 ext 2216.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something?” Contact “Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Man Seriously Injured in Industrial Accident in Mississauga
- One-Bedroom Rentals Getting Even More Expensive in Mississauga
- Toronto Kabob Restaurant Opens New Location in Mississauga
- Provincial Government Plans to Move Ahead With Controversial Cuts in 2020
- Do We Still Need The Catholic School System in Mississauga and Ontario?