Mississauga man charged in relation to fatal collision
Investigators from the Major Collision Bureau have arrested a second man and laid additional charges in a fatal collision that killed a 19-year-old man in Mississauga.
Police say on Saturday, October 10, 2020, just after midnight, police were contacted to attend the intersection of Hurontario Street and Mineola Road in Mississauga for a report of a three-vehicle collision.
As a result of the collision, a 19-year-old man from Mississauga was pronounced deceased at the scene, according to police.
Police say Peter Simms, a 46-year-old man from Orangeville, has been charged with operation while impaired causing death, dangerous operation causing death and failure to stop after accident resulting in death.
Simms has two previous convictions for impaired driving, according to police.
Further investigation revealed a second driver who engaged in dangerous and aggressive driving with Simms, which contributed to the collision, police say.
That driver has been identified as Mohammad Natur, a 19-year-old man from Mississauga.
According to police, on Tuesday, October 20, 2020, Mohammad Natur was arrested and charged with dangerous operation cause death, dangerous operation cause bodily harm, failure to stop after accident resulting in death, failure to stop after accident resulting in bodily harm.
He will attend the Ontario Court of Justice at a later date in answer to the charges, according to police.
This investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is urged to contact investigators at the Major Collision Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3710.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Man charged with impaired driving after crash kills 19 year old in Mississauga
- Brampton Man Charged in Relation to Collision Involving Pedestrian in Mississauga
- Man Charged in Fatal Mississauga Collision
- Teen Charged After Mother and Toddler Killed in Collision in Mississauga
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Employee of Mississauga No Frills tests positive for COVID-19
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash between motorcycle and MiWay bus in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win