Mississauga Man Charged in Connection With Murder of Aspiring Rapper
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with the shooting death of an aspiring Toronto rapper.
Toronto police say that on Sunday, Dec. 3, 2017 at 10:30 a.m., officers responded to a call for a shooting in the Eglinton and Mason Rd. area in Scarborough.
Police say officers located a man with multiple gunshot wounds.
The victim, 21-year-old Malique Ellis, succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced at the scene.
Ellis was an aspiring artist who was also known as #lilMell and #MellVern on social media.
On Thursday, Jan. 18 homicide investigators arrested 24-year-old Mississauga man Henok Mebratu. Police sau Mebratu has been charged with one count of first-degree murder.
He appeared in court Friday, Jan. 19.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7400.
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Police Arrest Woman in Connection with High-Profile Murder Investigation
- Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen
- Police Arrest Two Men in Connection With Murder of Mississauga Man
- Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Shooting Incident