Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Careless Driving
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with the careless operation of sport bike.
According to Barrie police, a traffic officer observed a sport bike traveling at excessive speeds down Lakeshore Drive on Tuesday, May 9 at 8:50 p.m.
Police say the driver, a 30-year-old Mississauga man, was aware an officer was watching him and "continued to pass vehicles on the right shoulder to elude police."
Police say the officer was able to keep an eye on the bike without pursuing it and managed to catch up with driver when he pulled into a plaza on Tiffin Street and reportedly tried to hide his bike behind a dumpster.
The driver has been charged with driving without insurance, using a plate not authorized for the vehicle, careless driving, and driving while under suspension.
His bike was seized and impounded for seven days.
- Man Charged Following Two Days of “Reckless” Driving in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Charged With Impaired Driving
- Here's What's Happening With Careless Driving Penalties in Ontario
- Careless driving charge laid following crash on Highway 401 in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Charged with Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- PHOTOS: The most and least expensive homes in Mississauga