Mississauga man charged in connection with abduction of 14-year-old boy
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with the alleged abduction of a 14-year-old boy.
Toronto police allege that on the morning of March 4, 2020, a 14-year-old boy was walking in the Jane Street and Driftwood Avenue area when he was tackled to the ground and carried into a Jeep Wrangler.
According to police, he was restrained and held in a remote location in the Castlemore Road and Gore Road area in Brampton. During the evening hours, the Jeep Wrangler was reportedly taken to an area near Forks of the Credit Provincial Park and burned.
Police say the boy was subsequently released in the Wanless Drive and Heritage Road area in Brampton.
Police allege that at least five men were involved in the planning and execution of the abduction, which was reportedly carried out because one of the men had a significant amount of cocaine stolen by the victim's brother.
On Tuesday, May 12, 2020, four men were arrested, including 38-year-old Mississauga man Samir Abdelgadir (right in cover photo) and 30-year-old Brampton man Hamed Shahnawaz (left in cover photo).
Police also arrested 37-year-old Toronto man Scott McManus and 25-year-old Toronto man Liban Hussein. Police are still looking for 29-year-old Solaiman Nassimi.
Jeremy Proctor, a 25-year-old Toronto man, was also arrested and charged with drug-related offences over the course of the investigation, but officers do not believe he was involved in the abduction.
Over the course of the investigation, police allegedly seized one kilogram of cocaine, more than 70 lbs., of marijuana, approximately $130,000 in cash, body armour and cellular phones and other electronic devices.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Solaiman Nassimi, or about the investigation, is encouraged to contact investigators at 416 808-3100.
- Police Charge Mississauga Woman in Connection With Abduction Allegation that Led to Amber Alert
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Police Identify Man Arrested in Connection With Crash That Killed 22-Year-Old Woman
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- Ontario to end streaming in Grade 9, early years suspensions