Mississauga Man Charged for Dangerous Behaviour on the Water
Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have reported a Mississauga man is facing charges after a watercraft stunt in Wellington.
OPP reported that on June 23, 2017, at approximately 4:40 p.m., two personal watercrafts were speeding on Belwood Lake, and both operators were impaired.
According to police who were conducting Marine Patrol, the two vessels were approaching the police boat at a high rate of speed from over 300 metres away, only two or three metres apart from one another.
Police waved at the operators to get their attention, believing there would be a collision.
However, one operator veered to the left, narrowly avoiding a collision, and continued on its course.
The other veered right just two metres away from the police, revving his engine. An officer was showered with water inside the police boat as a result.
When police were able to stop the watercrafts and interact with the operators, police inferred that they had been drinking. Both operators failed a roadside screening test at the closest dock.
The operators were then arrested and brought to a local OPP Operations Centre for further testing.
Danish Mukhtar, 20, of Mississauga, was charged with Operating Vessel with more than 80 mgs of alcohol in 100mL of blood contrary to the Criminal Code and Dangerous Operation of a Vessel.
Muhammed Wasey, 20, of Brampton was charged with Operating a Vessel with more than 80 mgs of alcohol in 100mL of blood, contrary to the Criminal Code and Dangerous Operation of a Vessel.
Further, a 90-day Administrative Driver’s Licence Suspension (A.D.L.S.) was initiated.
Both of the operators have a court date in Guelph Criminal Court on July 28, 2017.
- Brampton man charged in death of teenager struck by boat last summer near Kitchener
- Police investigating "dangerous" boating situation in Mississauga
- Peel Regional Police officer facing number of criminal charges
- Police Make “Dramatic” Rescue on Lake Ontario in Mississauga
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- Hamilton Police announce arrest of Oliver Karafa and Yun Lu Li in Hungary
- More Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario residents now eligible for earlier second dose of vaccine
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot