Mississauga Man Charged Following Fatal Oakville Crash
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with a fatal Oakville crash.
The OPP recently announced that it has laid criminal charges following an investigation into a fatal motor vehicle collision that occurred on the QEW on Aug. 22, 2019.
At approximately 10:45 p.m., officers from the Burlington OPP received reports of an eight-vehicle collision on the eastbound QEW at Trafalgar Road.
One of the involved vehicles, a transport truck, caught fire. The eastbound QEW was shut down for several hours for the investigation.
As a result of the collision, seven people were treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of one of the involved vehicles, 34-year-old Niagara Falls woman Elena Kulikova, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Polices say the driver of the transport truck, 34-year-old Mississauga man Muhammad Hasnai Raza, has been arrested and charged with causing death by criminal negligence and dangerous operation causing death.
The accused was held for a bail hearing on Sept. 13 to answer to the charges.
Cover photo courtesy of the OPP
- Mississauga Woman Charged Following Fatal Car Crash Involving School Bus
- Man Charged in Fatal Mississauga Collision
- Police Identify Man Arrested in Connection With Crash That Killed 22-Year-Old Woman
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash