Mississauga Man Charged After Man Dies in Collision
A 51-year-old Mississauga man was arrested and charged with impaired driving after a head-on collision in Welland, Ont. left a 39-year-old Fort Erie man dead and a 34-year-old Fort Erie woman with serious injuries.
Shortly before 1:00 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3, emergency crews responded to a two-car collision at Townline Tunnel Road and Keefer Road. According to Niagara police, a grey Ford Escape was traveling westbound on Townline Tunnel Road and a red Ford Focus was traveling eastbound when the vehicles collided head on.
The woman driving the Focus was transported to hospital with serious injuries and her passenger succumbed to his injuries at the scene.
The driver of Ford Escape was arrested on scene and charged with impaired driving causing death and impaired driving causing bodily harm.
The incident remains under investigation by the Collision Reconstruction Unit. Any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact Niagara Regional Police at 905-688-4111 extension 5500.
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Woman Suspected of Drunk Driving After a Collision in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving After Crashing into Police Cruiser and Pole
- Peel Police Officer Charged With Impaired Driving
- Impaired Driver Causes Collision on Major Road in Mississauga
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 700 new cases, 104 of those in Peel
- Mississauga home involved in part of large fentanyl seizure
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in large Halton drug bust
- City breaks ground on what will become the tallest building in Mississauga