Mississauga Man Charged After Man Dies in Collision
A 51-year-old Mississauga man was arrested and charged with impaired driving after a head-on collision in Welland, Ont. left a 39-year-old Fort Erie man dead and a 34-year-old Fort Erie woman with serious injuries.
Shortly before 1:00 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3, emergency crews responded to a two-car collision at Townline Tunnel Road and Keefer Road. According to Niagara police, a grey Ford Escape was traveling westbound on Townline Tunnel Road and a red Ford Focus was traveling eastbound when the vehicles collided head on.
The woman driving the Focus was transported to hospital with serious injuries and her passenger succumbed to his injuries at the scene.
The driver of Ford Escape was arrested on scene and charged with impaired driving causing death and impaired driving causing bodily harm.
The incident remains under investigation by the Collision Reconstruction Unit. Any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact Niagara Regional Police at 905-688-4111 extension 5500.
- Man charged with impaired driving after crash kills 19 year old in Mississauga
- Hamilton woman charged after 5-year-old suffered "life-threatening" injuries in a collision
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Woman Suspected of Drunk Driving After a Collision in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving After Crashing into Police Cruiser and Pole
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot