Mississauga Man Charged After Hitting Pedestrian in Brampton
Police have made an arrest following a collision in which a pedestrian was injured in Brampton.
The incident occurred at approximately 2:23 pm Tuesday afternoon. The victim, a 23-year-old Brampton man, was walking in the area of McLaughlin Road south of Kingknoll Drive when a silver Suzuki Sedan suddenly left the roadway, striking the victim as well as a street light.
The victim was taken to a Toronto trauma centre with serious injuries (no longer deemed life threatening). The driver was also taken to a local hospital with minor injuries but was later released.
Anil Sharma, a 58-year-old Mississauga man, has been charged with criminal negligence and dangerous driving causing bodily harm.
Police are continuing to investigate. Witnesses or anyone with information regarding this incident are asked to call 905-453-2121 (ext. 3710). Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES(274637) with the word ‘PEEL’ and then your tip.
- Police Identify Victim of Fatal Collision in Misissauga
- Police Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses in Collision that Killed 15-Year-Old Girl in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Pedestrian Seriously Injured in Mississauga
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year