Mississauga Man Charged After Failed Robbery Attempt
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection to a bank robbery that happened in Scarborough last week.
Andre Cardall Hardware, 21, is charged with robbery and disguise with intent, according to a news release from Toronto police.
The robbery happened near Lawrence Ave East and Kennedy Road. Police say the suspect walked past customers waiting in line and handed the bank teller a note, demanding money and indicating that he had a gun. After receiving an undisclosed amount of cash, the man started to bang on the counter and demand more.
At that point, a brave customer waiting in line grabbed the man and the two began struggling. Police soon arrived and arrested the suspect, while the customer sustained minor injuries.
Police are asking anyone with further information to call them at 416-808-7350.
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $4.8 mil mansion with glorious wine cellar
- Police responding for female pedestrian struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- City issuing big tickets at private gatherings in Mississauga this weekend
- OPINION: Mississauga anti-maskers event doing more harm than good