Mississauga Man Charged After Failed Robbery Attempt
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection to a bank robbery that happened in Scarborough last week.
Andre Cardall Hardware, 21, is charged with robbery and disguise with intent, according to a news release from Toronto police.
The robbery happened near Lawrence Ave East and Kennedy Road. Police say the suspect walked past customers waiting in line and handed the bank teller a note, demanding money and indicating that he had a gun. After receiving an undisclosed amount of cash, the man started to bang on the counter and demand more.
At that point, a brave customer waiting in line grabbed the man and the two began struggling. Police soon arrived and arrested the suspect, while the customer sustained minor injuries.
Police are asking anyone with further information to call them at 416-808-7350.
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- Mississauga Set to Welcome $40 Million Park
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Get Ready for Some Brutally Cold Weather in Mississauga
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga