Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Woman on Bus
A man has been arrested in connection with a sexual assault investigation.
Police say that on Friday, September 29, 2017, at around 8:30 p.m., a woman sat beside a man at the rear of a bus, which she boarded near Keele St. in Toronto.
“The victim sat beside a male at the rear of the bus and the male quickly began to make sexual advances towards the victim,” say police.
The woman was sexually assaulted twice on the bus by the suspect.
She subsequently went to the front of the bus and asked the driver to contact police.
Police were contacted but the suspect left the bus at Queen St. and Kennedy Rd. in Brampton.
He was last seen walking east on Queen St.
This Wednesday, December 13, 21-year-old Ravnit Kahlon of Mississauga was arrested.
Kahlon has been charged with sexual assault and mischief. He was held for bail in Brampton.
“Peel Regional Police would like to thank the public, who helped us identify the suspect after seeing our initital media release,” say police.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting Peel Crime Stoppers online, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Male Charged with Criminal Harassment of Mississauga Woman
- Peel Police Arrest Suspect of Sexual Assault in the 1970s
- Peel Police Looking For Witnesses In Sexual Assault Investigation
- Young Mississauga Teen Arrested for Sexual Assault
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton