Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Hitting and Dragging Police Officer with Vehicle
A Mississauga man is facing charges after allegedly striking and dragging a police officer with his vehicle.
Niagara police say that at approximately 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019, two officers were called to the Drummond and Dunn St. area in Niagara Falls to investigate reports of a vehicle driving erratically.
Police allege the officer initiated a traffic stop, but was subsequently dragged a short distance following an interaction.
Police say the officer involved fired one shot at the vehicle.
No injuries were sustained in the shooting.
Police say the accused fled in the vehicle and the officer was taken to hospital, where he was treated for minor injuries and released.
At approximately 1:30 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 23, 2019, a male suspect was arrested in the area of Magdalen Street and McGrail Avenue in Niagara Falls.
Police say that 29-year-old Mississauga man Gurjot Kooner is facing a number of charges, including operating a motor vehicle while impaired, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, and assaulting police.
The accused is currently being held in custody pending a bail hearing on August 23, 2019.
Police are still searching for the suspect vehicle involved, described as a 2008, two-door white Honda Accord with an Ontario licence plate reading “CKLZ 605.”
Police say detectives are aware that there was a passenger in the vehicle at the time of the incident and are asking them to come forward to make a statement.
Anyone with information or who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact police at (905) 688-4111 dial option 4, ext. 2204.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Local woman calls 911 because she’s late for her train
- Here’s where Mississauga ranks on the list of the most dangerous cities in Canada
- Police Identify Man Accused of Hitting and Dragging OPP Officer in Mississauga
- Police Officer Injured During Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Male and police officer taken to hospital after overnight incident in Mississauga
- Suspect Leads Police on Pursuit, Ditches Vehicle in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Multiple Charges Following Police Investigation and Pursuit