Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Beating Dog on Highway
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with an alleged animal cruelty incident in Bowmanville.
Durham police say that on Monday, July 2 at approximately 8:21 p.m., officers were called to investigate a complaint about an alleged animal cruelty incident in the Bennett Road and Highway 401 off ramp area.
Police say residents stopped to aid a golden retriever dog after they allegedly saw the suspect assaulting the dog on the side of the roadway.
Police say the dog was suffering from life-threatening injuries when they arrived on scene.
The dog was taken to an emergency animal clinic.
Police say 23-year-old Jonathan Dunbar was arrested and charged with cruelty to an animal.
He was released on a promise to appear.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Cst. Henderson of East Division at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 1687.
- Massive Sinkhole Opens Up in Mississauga
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- ROAD CLOSURE: One Man Dead Following Collision in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here’s What’s Happening with Mississauga’s Biggest Residential Development
- Celebration Square Releases 2019 Movie Lineup
- Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Shooting Incident
- Popular Canadian Food Company Fined for Animal Cruelty
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Accusing Police Officers of Theft
- Teenager Charged After Allegedly Threatening Mississauga School on Social Media
- Two Arrested Following Hit and Run Incident in Mississauga