Mississauga man celebrating six-figure Lotto win
Josip Bozic of Mississauga has $142,255.50 to put toward his dreams after winning a LOTTO MAX second prize in the April 21, 2020 draw.
The 35-year-old distribution branch, who forgot he had the ticket in his car, found his prayers answered when he scanned the ticket on the OLG Lottery App.
"While sitting at my work desk right before I scanned my ticket, I looked up and said, 'God bless me if you can,' he said.
"The music started playing and the Big Winner message appeared on the screen. It was unreal, I was shaking," he added.
While Bozic hasn't definitely decided what he will spend the money on, he does hope to invest in property.
"I'm not 100 per cent sure in which way, so I'll take my time making decisions. I'll also put some aside to enjoy with my friends and family," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at a Pioneer on the Run on Thomas Street in Mississauga.
The OLG Prize Centre in Toronto has resumed in-person prize claims for winning-ticket holders of $50,000 or more by appointment only.
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga