Mississauga man celebrating six-figure Lotto win
Josip Bozic of Mississauga has $142,255.50 to put toward his dreams after winning a LOTTO MAX second prize in the April 21, 2020 draw.
The 35-year-old distribution branch, who forgot he had the ticket in his car, found his prayers answered when he scanned the ticket on the OLG Lottery App.
"While sitting at my work desk right before I scanned my ticket, I looked up and said, 'God bless me if you can,' he said.
"The music started playing and the Big Winner message appeared on the screen. It was unreal, I was shaking," he added.
While Bozic hasn't definitely decided what he will spend the money on, he does hope to invest in property.
"I'm not 100 per cent sure in which way, so I'll take my time making decisions. I'll also put some aside to enjoy with my friends and family," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at a Pioneer on the Run on Thomas Street in Mississauga.
The OLG Prize Centre in Toronto has resumed in-person prize claims for winning-ticket holders of $50,000 or more by appointment only.
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday