Mississauga man celebrating six-figure Lotto win
Josip Bozic of Mississauga has $142,255.50 to put toward his dreams after winning a LOTTO MAX second prize in the April 21, 2020 draw.
The 35-year-old distribution branch, who forgot he had the ticket in his car, found his prayers answered when he scanned the ticket on the OLG Lottery App.
"While sitting at my work desk right before I scanned my ticket, I looked up and said, 'God bless me if you can,' he said.
"The music started playing and the Big Winner message appeared on the screen. It was unreal, I was shaking," he added.
While Bozic hasn't definitely decided what he will spend the money on, he does hope to invest in property.
"I'm not 100 per cent sure in which way, so I'll take my time making decisions. I'll also put some aside to enjoy with my friends and family," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at a Pioneer on the Run on Thomas Street in Mississauga.
The OLG Prize Centre in Toronto has resumed in-person prize claims for winning-ticket holders of $50,000 or more by appointment only.
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton