Mississauga Man Celebrating Significant Lotto Win
A Mississauga man is enjoying a huge lotto win.
OLG recently announced that Francisco Escobar is pretty happy after winning $100,000 with Poker Lotto (October 10, 2017).
“I’m not a regular lottery player but one day after buying gas I decided to buy a Poker Lotto ticket,” Escobar told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
Escobar checked his ticket the next day while on his way to work.
“I scanned the ticket on the self-checker and saw the words ‘Big Winner.’ I couldn’t believe it! I went straight home to share the news with my wife. She was so surprised to see me since I was supposed to be at work."
The photography buff says a camera is on the list, but Escobar, originally from Columbia, will consult his family before making plans for his windfall.
“My family is most important to me. We always make decisions together. We decided as a family to come to Canada 13 years ago and I will treat this win the very same way,” he said.
Poker Lotto is a lottery game that offers both instant in-store wins - of up to $5,000 - and nightly prize draws of up to $100,000 with each $2 ticket and uses playing card symbols rather than numbers.
The winning ticket was purchased at Petro Canada on Burnhamthorpe Road in Mississauga.
- PHOTOS: A Look at the Glitziest Houses in Mississauga
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- When You Do (and Don't) Have to Talk to Police in Mississauga
- Here’s How Much Canadian Home Sales Recently Dropped by
- UPDATE: Police Release Photos of Armed Kidnapping Suspects