Mississauga Man Arrested in Vehicle Fire Homicide
Police have disclosed the identity of the man arrested in a recent homicide in Mississauga.
At approximately 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 24, officers responded to a vehicle fire at a green space in the area of Lakeshore and Dixie.
Once the fire was extinguished, a deceased person was located inside the vehicle.
Shortly after the incident, investigators arrested 27 year old Mississauga man Ainar Gancthev. He is charged with second degree murder and arson.
Gancthev is scheduled to appear at court for a bail hearing on Monday, June 25.
Police say this is the 14th homicide of the year in Peel.
The investigation is ongoing. Witnesses, anyone with further information, and anyone with surveillance video related to this incident are asked to contact police at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- UPDATE: Missing 13-year-old girl located in good health
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19