Mississauga man arrested in stabbing at Oakville park
Halton Regional Police confirmed they have arrested a Mississauga man involved in a stabbing at a park in Oakville on Tuesday evening.
At approximately 7 p.m., police received information that a man was acting suspicious and approaching random people in the area of Clearview Park.
While searching for the male, it was learned a male in his 60’s had been stabbed. He was
taken to a trauma centre with serious, non life-threatening injuries.
Not too long after, police located and arrested a 34-year-old male from Mississauga.
Charges against the man are pending. Further information on his identity and charges, police say, will be released at a later time.
Based on the investigation, there is no known relationship between the suspect and the victim and the incident appears to have been random and unprovoked.
Police are asking that anyone who may have been in the park around this time and observed any unusual behaviour by anyone in or near the park contact the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777, ext. 2215 or ext. 2216.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Mississauga man arrested in relation to stabbing at Oakville park
- Stabbing at Oakville park leaves man in critical condition
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Oakville male arrested in online extortion investigation
- Peel Police Searching for Male Facing criminal Harassment Charges
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"