Mississauga man arrested in relation to stabbing at Oakville park
According to police, on March 30, 2021, at approximately 7:00 p.m. the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) responded to the area of Clearview Park in Oakville after receiving a report that a male was acting suspiciously and approaching random people in the area.
Police say while police were searching for the male, information was received that a male in his 60's had been stabbed. The victim was located by police and taken to a trauma center with serious, non-life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The HRPS has charged a male in relation to this incident. Pravin Anthony, a 34-year-old from Mississauga has been charged with attempt murder and possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose, according to police.
Police say there is no known relationship between the suspect and victim and based on the investigation, the incident appears to be random and unprovoked.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to contact Detective Mark Murray at the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905 825-4747 ext. 2284.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Mississauga man arrested in stabbing at Oakville park
- Oakville male arrested in online extortion investigation
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Police Seeking Help in Attempted Murder Investigation in Mississauga
- Stabbing at Oakville park leaves man in critical condition
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- It could be weeks before Mississauga sees the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers