Mississauga man arrested in relation to stabbing at Oakville park
According to police, on March 30, 2021, at approximately 7:00 p.m. the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) responded to the area of Clearview Park in Oakville after receiving a report that a male was acting suspiciously and approaching random people in the area.
Police say while police were searching for the male, information was received that a male in his 60's had been stabbed. The victim was located by police and taken to a trauma center with serious, non-life-threatening injuries, according to police.
The HRPS has charged a male in relation to this incident. Pravin Anthony, a 34-year-old from Mississauga has been charged with attempt murder and possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose, according to police.
Police say there is no known relationship between the suspect and victim and based on the investigation, the incident appears to be random and unprovoked.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to contact Detective Mark Murray at the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905 825-4747 ext. 2284.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Mississauga man arrested in stabbing at Oakville park
- Man arrested and charged in relation to drug investigation in Oakville
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Oakville male arrested in online extortion investigation
- Police Seeking Help in Attempted Murder Investigation in Mississauga
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant