Mississauga Man Arrested in Relation to Numerous Home Break- ins
Investigators with the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have arrested a man that was allegedly involved in multiple breaks and enters throughout Mississauga.
During the early morning hours, between July 13 and July 18, twenty-seven homes were broken into.
In all incidents, the suspect made an entry or attempted to enter through the backyard gate, rear or side access points and then proceeded to look for unlocked windows or doors.
The suspect was captured on home surveillance cameras from several residences.
Police state that “after an exhaustive and thorough investigation, along with assistance from the public” a 27-year-old man from Mississauga was identified as the suspect and arrested on Tuesday (July 23).
He will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on July 24.
Police encourage homeowners to practice the following safety tips to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim:
- Lock side/rear gates reducing likelihood of access to the backyard area
- Consider installing home surveillance cameras
- Ensure all windows and doors are locked
- Consider installing motion sensor lighting
Anyone with any further information is asked to call investigators at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1152.
Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Unique grocery store closes down in Mississauga
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to Mississauga this Friday
- Here’s when a highly-anticipated breakfast and brunch restaurant will open in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Police Searching for Break and Enter Suspect in Mississauga
- Peel Police Searching For Suspect In Connection To Multiple Break And Enters In Mississauga
- Suspect Arrested Following Road Rage Incident in Mississauga
- VIDEO: New Video Footage Released After Multiple Break and Enters in Mississauga
- Man charged in relation to eleven break and enters in Mississauga