Mississauga Man Arrested in Relation to Numerous Home Break- ins
Investigators with the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have arrested a man that was allegedly involved in multiple breaks and enters throughout Mississauga.
During the early morning hours, between July 13 and July 18, twenty-seven homes were broken into.
In all incidents, the suspect made an entry or attempted to enter through the backyard gate, rear or side access points and then proceeded to look for unlocked windows or doors.
The suspect was captured on home surveillance cameras from several residences.
Police state that “after an exhaustive and thorough investigation, along with assistance from the public” a 27-year-old man from Mississauga was identified as the suspect and arrested on Tuesday (July 23).
He will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on July 24.
Police encourage homeowners to practice the following safety tips to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim:
- Lock side/rear gates reducing likelihood of access to the backyard area
- Consider installing home surveillance cameras
- Ensure all windows and doors are locked
- Consider installing motion sensor lighting
Anyone with any further information is asked to call investigators at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1152.
Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Here’s when Mississauga’s newest park will be opening
- Trudeau attends Mississauga rally in bulletproof vest due to security threats
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed on QEW identified as man from Mississauga
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga
- Winning LOTTO ticket sold in Mississauga still up for grabs
- PHOTOS: Police Searching for Break and Enter Suspect in Mississauga
- Peel Police Searching For Suspect In Connection To Multiple Break And Enters In Mississauga
- Suspect Arrested Following Road Rage Incident in Mississauga
- VIDEO: New Video Footage Released After Multiple Break and Enters in Mississauga
- Five people arrested following multiple break and enters in Mississauga