Mississauga man arrested in extensive fraud investigation
Toronto Police have made an arrest following an investigation into fraud that’s believed to have taken place over nearly two years.
From February 2018 to January 2020, it’s alleged that a Mississauga man convinced family and friends to invest in his business venture, which promised a 45% interest return.
On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 53 year old Mississauga man Amritpal Dhillon was arrested.
He’s charged with five counts of Fraud Over $5,000 and five counts of Possession of Proceeds Over $5,000.
Dhillon is scheduled to appear in court in Toronto on Friday, February 19, 2021.
Police believe there are more victims, and are urging victims of this fraud or anyone with further information to contact them at 416-808-7238 or email Gail [dot] Regan [at] torontopolice [dot] on [dot] ca.
Photo: Toronto police handout
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl last seen driving a car in Mississauga
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga