Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Massive Drug Bust
A number of people, including a Mississauga resident, are facing charges in connection with a massive cross-GTA drug investigation.
The RCMP recently announced that a 16 month joint investigation carried out in conjunction with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), Peel police, Toronto police, OPP, York police, Halton police and the Jamaican Major Organized Crime and Anti-Corruption Agency (MOCA) into the importation and trafficking of cocaine resulted in the arrests of seven people.
Police say seven search warrants were simultaneously executed at residences within the GTA and surrounding area in the early houses of June 29.
The RCMP Toronto Airport Detachment Serious and Organized Crime Unit commenced an investigation into the importation of 90 kg of cocaine into Canada from Panama City, Panama in February 2016.
Police say that, based on information received from MOCA, an investigation was launched and the evidence indicated a criminal group was moving large amounts of cocaine from various drug source countries into Canada. Police say this group imported and trafficked cocaine using sophisticated techniques and concealment methods.
Police have arrested and charged 35-year-old Mississauga man Mark Chodkiewicz and charged him with a number of offences, including three counts of conspiracy to import cocaine and one count of trafficking cocaine.
Other people facing charges include 39-year-old North York man Garren Brown, 46-year-old Oakville man Donovan Brown, 51-year-old Toronto man Wayne Blackwood, 48-year-old North York man Devon McLean, 39-year-old Brampton man Brian Stewart and 37-year-old Brampton man Damian Rose.
All of the accused subjects were in court June 29 for a bail hearing.
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Mississauga Man Arrested After Possible Cocaine Discovered in Trailer
- Three from Brampton charged in drug trafficking operation
- Suspect From Mississauga Facing Charges in Relation to Massive Drug Trafficking Incident
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Pearson Airport-Located Drug Ring
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Brampton parents charged after child's luggage used to smuggle drugs into Mississauga's Pearson Airport
- Some elderly Brampton and Mississauga residents can get COVID-19 vaccines much sooner than expected
- Property taxes set to rise in Mississauga, councillors agree to a salary freeze
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home