Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Huge Drug Bust
A Mississauga man is facing charges following the seizure of a vast amount of drugs.
The Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) recently announced that the seizure of approximately 200 kg (440 lbs) of hashish at the Port of Halifax led to the arrest of a Mississauga man.
Authorities say the goods (disguised as chocolate) were destined for Ontario, where the arrest occurred.
Reports indicates that on May 25, CBSA officers in Halifax, acting on a referral from the National Targeting Centre, noted anomalies in X-Ray images while examining a marine container. The shipment, declared as chocolate, originated in the Netherlands.
''This is a significant seizure, and a great example of how our border services officers use a combination of instinct, training and tools to intercept illegal drugs, and keep them off of our streets," says Calvin Christiansen, regional director general, CBSA Atlantic Region. "In collaboration with the RCMP and other law enforcement partners, we're proud to be able to protect the Canadian public from illegal activities and maintain the safety of our communities."
After further examination, officers located and seized 100 chocolate bars each containing two kilograms of hidden hashish. All evidence was turned over to the RCMP for further investigation.
On June 23, 51-year-old Owen Jagasar was charged with several offenses, including importation of a controlled substance under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA), possession for the purpose of trafficking under the CDSA and two counts of conspiring to commit an indictable offence under the Criminal Code
- Mississauga man arrested following seizure of $25 million in illegal drugs
- RCMP Arrest Two People In Relation To Drug Importation In Mississauga
- Brampton parents charged after child's luggage used to smuggle drugs into Mississauga's Pearson Airport
- Mississauga Truck Driver Charged with Drug Trafficking
- Police Hunt Suspect After Huge Amount of Drugs Found at Pearson Airport
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton
- Driver caught going almost double the speed limit in Milton
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Driver arrested after crashing into a tree in Mississauga