Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Historic Sexual Assaults
A Mississauga man has been arrested in connection with what police are calling a historic sexual assault investigation.
According to Toronto police, an investigation into the incidents began on Saturday, Feb. 18.
It has been alleged that between 1981 and 1987, a man sexually assaulted two boys and two girls on multiple occasions. The victims were between five and 12 years of age at the time of the assaults.
On Monday, Feb. 20, a 49-year-old Mississauga man was arrested and charged with sexual intercourse with a female under 14, three counts of sexual assault, indecent assault on a female, indecent assault on a male and two counts of buggery.
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Tuesday, Feb 21.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook.
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this article named the accused and included his photograph. The article was written before Toronto police issued a correction and informed the public that the suspect was underage at the time of the alleged assaults. The suspect’s identity is protected as a result of his age at the time of the incidents.
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Police Identify Suspect After Series of Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Sexual Assault
- UPDATE: Male Arrested for Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- One person in hospital and multiple lanes closed following crash on 401 in Mississauga