Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Drug and Gun Investigation
A Mississauga man has been arrested in connection with an investigation that led to the discovery of half a million dollars worth of drugs and a loaded firearm.
According to Peel police, officers first launched an investigation into cocaine trafficking in Peel and the GTA in December 2016.
Police say that on April 4, 38-year-old Mississauga man George Goulbourne and 56-year-old Toronto man Leon Mitchell were arrested without incident in Toronto. Police allege the men were found to be in possession of 4.2 kilograms of cocaine worth an estimated street value of $418,500.
The investigation continued with the execution of a search warrant at a residence Toronto. Once in the home, officers recovered a loaded 40-calibre firearm and arrested 39-year-old Toronto woman Abie Miller.
Goulbourne has been charged with cocaine possession for the purpose of trafficking. Miller has been charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm, careless storage of a firearm and more. Mitchell has been charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm, trafficking in a controlled substance and more.
Goulbourne and Mitchell were held pending a bail hearing on April 5. Miller was released on a promise To appear with a first court date of April 8.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to call the Major Drugs and Vice Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3515. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- VIDEO: Four-Year-Old Ejected From Vehicle During Highway 401 Collision In Mississauga
- A Guinness World Record Has Been Set at Square One in Mississauga
- Some Mississauga Residents Affected by Serious Privacy Breach
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club in Mississauga
- Two Victims Taken to Trauma Centres Following Stabbing Incident in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection With Assault, Human Trafficking and Firearm-Related Offences
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection With Drug and Firearm Offences
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga