Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Attempted Detention Centre Murder
Three men, including a Mississauga resident, have been arrested in connection with an attempted murder that took place inside the Toronto South Detention Centre.
Toronto police say that on Thursday, June 22, a 35-year-old inmate at the maximum-security correctional facility was attacked by three other inmates. According to police, the victim was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police have arrested 23-year-old Mississauga man Calvin Michail Nimoh, 23-year-old Toronto man Mahad Liban Dahir and 22-year-old Caledon man Tyler Almeida in connection with the reported assault.
Police say all three men have been charged with attempted murder, conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, aggravated assault and criminal negligence causing bodily harm.
They were scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, June 27.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2200 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- One of the Tallest Buildings in Canada is coming to Mississauga
- Major New Park Officially Opens in Mississauga
- What are the Oldest Neighbourhoods in Mississauga?
- Major Transit Closure Coming Due to LRT Construction in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Toronto Doctor Arrested and Charged with Murder in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder
- Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Toronto Shooting
- Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen