Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Attempted Detention Centre Murder
Three men, including a Mississauga resident, have been arrested in connection with an attempted murder that took place inside the Toronto South Detention Centre.
Toronto police say that on Thursday, June 22, a 35-year-old inmate at the maximum-security correctional facility was attacked by three other inmates. According to police, the victim was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police have arrested 23-year-old Mississauga man Calvin Michail Nimoh, 23-year-old Toronto man Mahad Liban Dahir and 22-year-old Caledon man Tyler Almeida in connection with the reported assault.
Police say all three men have been charged with attempted murder, conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, aggravated assault and criminal negligence causing bodily harm.
They were scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, June 27.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2200 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Toronto Doctor Arrested and Charged with Murder in Mississauga
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- Man and Teen Arrested in Connection with the Murder of Mississauga Man
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard