Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Attempted Detention Centre Murder
Three men, including a Mississauga resident, have been arrested in connection with an attempted murder that took place inside the Toronto South Detention Centre.
Toronto police say that on Thursday, June 22, a 35-year-old inmate at the maximum-security correctional facility was attacked by three other inmates. According to police, the victim was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police have arrested 23-year-old Mississauga man Calvin Michail Nimoh, 23-year-old Toronto man Mahad Liban Dahir and 22-year-old Caledon man Tyler Almeida in connection with the reported assault.
Police say all three men have been charged with attempted murder, conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, aggravated assault and criminal negligence causing bodily harm.
They were scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, June 27.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2200 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).
- Police Investigating Threat Against Hospital in Mississauga
- Police Not Facing Charges After Woman Jumps Off of Roof in Mississauga
- Major Snowstorm Possible for Mississauga
- Mississauga’s Housing Market Showing Signs of Trouble
- American Pizza Restaurant Opening Second Canadian Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Toronto Doctor Arrested and Charged with Murder in Mississauga
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen