Mississauga man arrested in connection to scam targeting seniors
Toronto Police Services announced they have made an arrest in connection to a series of scams targeting seniors.
Twenty-nine-year-old Mississauga resident Martin Thomas Quinn has been arrested and charged with one count of fraud over $5,000.
On September 24, TPS responded to a call to the area of Bayview Ave and Blythwood Road. According to a news release from the day of the incident, one to three men were approaching the homes of seniors and convincing them they needed some sort of home repairs.
The men would provide a list of necessary repairs along with a quote for the price of completing them. They would then begin the repairs before informing the homeowners they would need even more work and provide another quote--at this time they would demand payment, usually in the form of cash.
It is believed that none of the repairs were necessary or completed.
Police are still searching for the other two suspects; they may be driving a white van or truck.
Police are advising homeowners to be extra cautious when approached regarding home renovations and to report any suspicious behavior.
Anyone with relevant information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-8477, online at www.222tips.com, via social media through their Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and a message to CRIMES (274637).
- Suspect Targeting Seniors is in Mississauga: Police
- Mississauga Man Charged in Connection With Social Media Scam
- Police Looking for Thieves Targeting Seniors in Mississauga
- Two People Arrested in Connection with Rash of Break-Ins in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man and Teen Arrested in Connection with Toronto Robberies
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Mississauga
- Police investigating unknown remains discovered in Mississauga