Mississauga Man Arrested for Stealing Thousands of Dollars Worth of Apple Products
A Mississauga man has been arrested following the discovery of a large amount of stolen property and cash.
Halton police report that on March 19, two men visited the Apple Store at Mapleview Mall in Burlington and stole $6,219 worth of Apple TV's, wireless headphones and USB storage devices.
On May 1, investigators arrested 50-year-old Mississauga man Ardian Sadik Piri and executed a search warrant at this Stapleford Terrace home.
Officers seized $64,613 in cash, 43 grams of marijuana and stolen property, including printer cartridges, Fitbit watches, cell phones, Apple TV’s, USB storage devices and Chromecast devices.
Piri was released on bail and will appear in court on May 24.
He has been charged with theft over $5000, possession of property obtained by crime over $5000, possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 for the purpose of trafficking and possession of a controlled substance.
Police are still looking to identify the second suspect involved. He is described as a white male, 40 to 50 years of age with dark hair. He was last seen wearing sunglasses, a blue jacket, dark jeans and a checkered shirt.
Anyone with information about this theft or who can identify the second suspect is asked to contact D/Cst. Dave Macedo of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2368. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something, Hear something, Say something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- Canada issues travel advisory warning for India
- Police called after racism discussions become heated at Peel District School Board meeting
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Car drives on sidewalk in Mississauga
- Tim Hortons is implementing changes to its Tims Rewards loyalty program
- Five Reasons You Need to Try This Amazing Egyptian Restaurant in Mississauga
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- Suspect from Mississauga Arrested After More Than $20K Worth of Laptops Stolen in Oakville
- OPP Arrest And Charge Man With Possession Of Stolen Property From Mississauga
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- Man Arrested for Allegedly Tricking Walmart into Buying Stolen Merchandise