Mississauga Man Arrested for Bizarre Theft
It appears some people went pretty wild stealing large amounts of baby formula in Guelph, including a 36-year-old Mississauga man.
According to Guelph police, Peel police arrested the man on the strength of a Guelph warrant. He's been accused of stealing baby formula from Sept. 4 to Sept. 15 from a Clair Road grocery store.
He's been charged with two counts of theft under $5,000 and ten counts of breach of probation.
He's being held in custody pending a bail hearing.
According to a recent CBC article, police said thousands of dollars worth of formula was stolen from the store over the course of multiple thefts.
It's not clear at this point what it was being used for.
Photo courtesy of Guelph Police
- Mississauga Man Tracks Stolen iPad to Guelph
- Suspected Mississauga Fraudster Arrested in Guelph
- Mississauga Man Charged with Multiple Counts of Theft and Fraud
- Two arrested in vehicle theft investigation; police seize vehicles, drugs and cash
- Mississauga Man Arrested Again for Stealing from Religious Donation Boxes
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot