Mississauga Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
Police have arrested and charged a man following a recent assault in Mississauga.
The incident happened at 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 11 in the area of Windsor Hill Boulevard and Cinnamon Road, south of Bristol at Terry Fox Way.
Police say the victim, a 23 year old man with no fixed address, met with the accused, 27 year old Mississauga man Gibril Saleyh Luvengani.
According to police, the victim and accused became involved in a dispute, during which the accused allegedly produced a knife and assaulted the victim.
Police attended the scene and made an arrest at 4:08 a.m.
Luvengani is charged with attempted murder. He appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice the same day for a bail hearing.
The victim remains at a trauma centre in stable condition.
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- New Mississauga Location for Fried Chicken Festival Revealed
- Mississauga Set to Consider Ambitious Multi-Million Dollar Climate Change Plan
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga Fifth Most Expensive City for Rentals in Canada
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Man Arrested For Allegedly Attempting to Murder a Child
- Two Charged with Attempted Murder After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga