Mississauga Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
Police have arrested and charged a man following a recent assault in Mississauga.
The incident happened at 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 11 in the area of Windsor Hill Boulevard and Cinnamon Road, south of Bristol at Terry Fox Way.
Police say the victim, a 23 year old man with no fixed address, met with the accused, 27 year old Mississauga man Gibril Saleyh Luvengani.
According to police, the victim and accused became involved in a dispute, during which the accused allegedly produced a knife and assaulted the victim.
Police attended the scene and made an arrest at 4:08 a.m.
Luvengani is charged with attempted murder. He appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice the same day for a bail hearing.
The victim remains at a trauma centre in stable condition.
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Man arrested after victim assaulted while grocery shopping in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Arrests made in Mississauga murder investigation
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- Mississauga, Brampton vaccine clinics taking place this weekend
- Trio of suitors to bid on anaerobic digestion plant in Clarington