Mississauga Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
Police have arrested and charged a man following a recent assault in Mississauga.
The incident happened at 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 11 in the area of Windsor Hill Boulevard and Cinnamon Road, south of Bristol at Terry Fox Way.
Police say the victim, a 23 year old man with no fixed address, met with the accused, 27 year old Mississauga man Gibril Saleyh Luvengani.
According to police, the victim and accused became involved in a dispute, during which the accused allegedly produced a knife and assaulted the victim.
Police attended the scene and made an arrest at 4:08 a.m.
Luvengani is charged with attempted murder. He appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice the same day for a bail hearing.
The victim remains at a trauma centre in stable condition.
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Man arrested after victim assaulted while grocery shopping in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Arrests made in Mississauga murder investigation
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s what Mississauga residents can and cannot do under grey lockdown restrictions
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry