Mississauga Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
Police have arrested and charged a man following a recent assault in Mississauga.
The incident happened at 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 11 in the area of Windsor Hill Boulevard and Cinnamon Road, south of Bristol at Terry Fox Way.
Police say the victim, a 23 year old man with no fixed address, met with the accused, 27 year old Mississauga man Gibril Saleyh Luvengani.
According to police, the victim and accused became involved in a dispute, during which the accused allegedly produced a knife and assaulted the victim.
Police attended the scene and made an arrest at 4:08 a.m.
Luvengani is charged with attempted murder. He appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice the same day for a bail hearing.
The victim remains at a trauma centre in stable condition.
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Man arrested after victim assaulted while grocery shopping in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Arrests made in Mississauga murder investigation
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - December 1, 2020
- COVID-19 numbers in Peel Region continue downward trend