Mississauga Man Arrested For Allegedly Sexually Assaulting a Minor
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with an alleged sexual assault on a minor.
Police say that in early August 2017, members of the Nottawasaga Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), received a report of a sexual assault that allegedly occurred in New Tecumseth Township.
On Feb. 15, members of the force's Child Sexual Exploitation Unit and Digital Forensics Unit executed a search warrant at an address in Mississauga.
Police arrested and charged 24-year-old Asimul Sufyani with multiple offences, including sexual assault on a person under 16 years of age, sexual interference, invitation to sexual touching, making child pornography, luring a person under 14 years of age and more.
The accused was held for a bail hearing on Feb. 16.
- Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Mississauga Man Facing Child Sexual Abuse Charges
- Mississauga-Area Gymnastics Coach Charged With Sexual Assault
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Following Alleged Sexual Assault at Mississauga Tanning Salon
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless
- ICU pressures mount as COVID fells younger people; Ottawa mulls India travel ban