Mississauga man arrested for allegedly hitting police cruiser with sledgehammer
Halton police have made an arrest following a recent incident in Milton.
Shortly after 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 28, police say a male suspect with a bandana covering his face entered the parking lot of Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) 12 Division.
"The suspect approached a fully marked HRPS patrol car and began to strike the vehicle with the sledgehammer," police say.
An officer immediately confronted the suspect and, after a short pursuit on foot, the suspect was arrested.
39 year old Mississauga man James Stokes has been charged with Mischief under $5000 and four counts of Fail to comply with probation.
Stokes was held for a bail hearing in Milton.
- Suspect From Mississauga Arrested Following Shooting in Halton
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Suspect Involved in Firearm Offences in Mississauga
- Suspect Leads Police on Pursuit, Ditches Vehicle in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Hitting and Dragging Police Officer with Vehicle
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- These Mississauga retailers are open (or opening) for in-store shopping
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- Mississauga to begin reopening outdoor amenities
- A look at one of Mississauga’s most coveted neighbourhoods