Mississauga man arrested for allegedly hitting police cruiser with sledgehammer
Halton police have made an arrest following a recent incident in Milton.
Shortly after 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 28, police say a male suspect with a bandana covering his face entered the parking lot of Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) 12 Division.
"The suspect approached a fully marked HRPS patrol car and began to strike the vehicle with the sledgehammer," police say.
An officer immediately confronted the suspect and, after a short pursuit on foot, the suspect was arrested.
39 year old Mississauga man James Stokes has been charged with Mischief under $5000 and four counts of Fail to comply with probation.
Stokes was held for a bail hearing in Milton.
- Male arrested after allegedly driving impaired to police station in Milton
- Suspect From Mississauga Arrested Following Shooting in Halton
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Suspect Involved in Firearm Offences in Mississauga
- Suspect Leads Police on Pursuit, Ditches Vehicle in Mississauga
- Square One serving up mall food in new parking lot dining area
- All residents of Brampton, Mississauga, and Ontario ages 18+ who received an mRNA vaccine will soon be able to book their second dose
- Downtown Brampton streets closed after collision
- 34% of second dose bookings in Mississauga and Brampton went to Toronto residents
- Police seek assistance in Mississauga homicide investigation