Mississauga Man Arrested Following Robbery in Oakville
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with a robbery in Oakville.
Halton police say that on September 10, 2018, at 8:00 p.m., officers responded to a report of a street robbery near the Rimmington Drive and Munn’s Avenue area.
Police say the male victim had posted an online advertisement on a buy and sell website listing a pair of shoes and gold ring for sale.
During the exchange of property the suspect and three unknown males allegedly produced a firearm and robbed the victim of his property.
No injuries were sustained.
Police say officers located and arrested the suspect on Sept. 20.
Police say that, a short time later, a search warrant was executed at an address near Dixie Road and Burnhamthorpe Road in the City of Mississauga.
Police allege that investigators recovered stolen property and other evidence in relation to the incident.
Police say that 18-year-old Mississauga man Alvin Blegay was charged with robbery with a firearm, three counts breach of recognizance, possession of a prohibited weapon and more.
Police are reminding the public to stay vigilant when selling personal items on buy and sell websites and use public places when making exchanges.
Anyone with information regarding this robbery is asked to contact Detective Barry Malciw of the Oakville Criminal Investigations Bureau - Robbery Team at 905-825-4747 ext 2218.
- Mississauga Teens Charged in Oakville Armed Robbery
- Brampton man and 14-year-old face charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Three Mississauga residents, including two teens, facing charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Three Teens Arrested Following Robbery With Replica Assault Rifle in Mississauga
- Brampton teen arrested after knife pulled during Oakville shoe robbery