Mississauga man arrested following double homicide investigation in Georgetown
The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) has arrested an individual following an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the discovery of two deceased Georgetown residents on February 17, 2021.
Harrison Brown, a 27-year old from Mississauga has been charged with first-degree murder (two counts) and arson, according to police.
Police say Brown was arrested without incident on March 26, 2021, is currently in custody and will appear virtually in court.
Police extend their condolences to the family and friends of the deceased, 56-year-old Krystyna (Emilia) Rerak, and her 59-year-old husband Andrzej (Andrew) Rerak.
“We hope this arrest brings them some measure of healing,” said police.
“We also recognize the impact this tragedy has had on the community and would like to thank area residents for their support, cooperation and patience. We want to assure residents that this was not a random incident.”
Police say the accused and one of the deceased were known to each other and had a business relationship.
“At this time, evidence indicates the accused acted independently to commit these murders, and there is no broader, related public safety threat,” said police.
The Service has applied all available resources to investigate these tragic deaths.
Police say Brown was identified after an investigation led by the HRPS Homicide Unit.
Additionally, the investigation was supported by many units within the Service, including 1 District Criminal Investigations Bureau, uniform officers from 1 District, 2 District and 3 District, Forensic Identification Services, the Search Incident Response Team and the Tactical Rescue Unit and Regional Investigative Services.
Police say the investigation is ongoing and anyone who has information that may assist is asked to contact the Halton Regional Police Service Homicide Tip Line at 905-825-4776 if they have not already spoken with police.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Two Georgetown deaths now deemed suspicious, according to Halton police
- Two deceased located in Georgetown house fire
- Niagara Regional Police offering $50,000 for double-homicide information
- Man arrested and charged in relation to drug investigation in Oakville
- Youth charged in Mississauga homicide investigation
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga