Mississauga Man Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
Halton Police have arrested a suspect following a child luring investigation in Burlington.
On June 10, 2019, members of the Halton Regional Police Service Internet Child Exploitation Unit (I.C.E.) commenced an online investigation utilizing several social media platforms.
As a result of the investigation, on July 16, 2019, Ralph Capitelli (58) of Mississauga) was arrested.
The accused is facing the following alleged charges: luring, invitation to sexual touching, and making sexually explicit material available to a child.
Police say the accused used several social media applications, and used the following user names: “Youngr”, “jaybird140”, “J” and “RJ”.
The investigation, according to police, also revealed that the accused has previously identified himself using a different surname (Ralph Capitello).
The accused was held pending a bail hearing.
Halton Police are reminding parents of the importance of monitoring their child’s online social media presence, and having a conversation with them about internet safety and the disclosure of personal information.
Anyone who may have any additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact D/Sgt Chris Newcombe 905-465-8965 or Det. Todd Martin 905-465-8983 of the Halton Regional Police Child Internet Child Exploitation Unit.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Peel police make arrest in child luring investigation
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To A Child Luring Investigation
- Police Looking for Information About Child Pornography Suspect
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Police investigating after body found in storage facility in Mississauga
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- Take a Left for Some of the Best Restaurants and Cafés in Mississauga
- A look at one of Mississauga’s best known--and most quaint--neighbourhoods
- The Lost Village of Summerville