Mississauga man arrested after string of nine robberies in Peel
Charges have been laid in relation to a series of robberies across Peel Region.
Police say five banks and four retail stores were robbed by one suspect between October 1 and October 18, 2019.
“During each robbery, the accused would enter the premise while armed with a handgun and make a demand for money,” police say.
The accused would then allegedly flee the area in a grey Ford F-150 pickup truck with an orange construction light mounted on a rack behind the truck cab.
On Friday, October 18, a 31 year old Mississauga man was arrested.
Police have charged him with nine counts of Robbery, nine counts of Use Imitation Firearm while Commiting an Indictable Offence, and nine counts of Wear Disguise with Intent to Commit an Indictable Offence.
The accused appeared in court to answer to these charges on Saturday, October 19.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Collision involving transport truck closes major Mississauga intersection
- Latest phone scam in Mississauga showcases OPP on call display
- Mississauga Man and Teen Arrested in Connection with Toronto Robberies
- Suspects Charged in 'Subway Bandit' Investigation
- Man Arrested Following Series of Robberies in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged Following 11 Gas Station Robberies
- VIDEO: Police Arrest Man Wanted in Connection with Multiple Robberies with Imitation Gun